Monday 3 March 2014

Membership Rewards

I'm five months into my membership with Events and Adventures and I can't say enough good things about the experience. It's been awesome! 

I'm no longer sitting on my couch on Fridays with a bag of popcorn on my lap, watching Netflix. Now, it's all sledding, dodgeball and comedy nights. I'm doing things I would have never done on my own and I'm exploring the city in the process. I'm also taking a lot more risks, rock climbing as one example. 


Through the club, I've met dozens of singles my own age - Interesting people, who share my interests and who are always up for a laugh. There have definitely been a few ladies that have caught my eye. Its been easy to talk with them. Something about sharing an experience that makes people loosen up and drop their everyday inhibitions.

At all the events, there have been great hosts. I kinda thought it was weird to have a host at the beginning, but I didn't really understand the role they played. Now I realize the hosts are what make the events so stress-free. They have a list of members attending, they introduce everyone and they genuinely make it a more comfortable, seamless experience. Forget worrying about reservations and coming up with elaborate date nights. It's all done for you.

Their calendar is published at least a month in advance, so you can plan your social time well ahead of the events. They offer directions, suggested attire and even the opportunity to bring a friend along. It also lets you signup last minute. Friends bail on dinner plans, check the calendar, oh sweet cosmic bowling tonight!


Overall, I'm out of my house more than I've ever been. I'm meeting new people each week. And I like the feeling of belonging to a club that is all about having random adventures. Have I found love, not yet, but it's all about the ride.


Here's to enjoying life in your thirties as a (dare we say) single adult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment